Monday, July 02, 2007

Jordan Thomas Foundation


First of all, I would like to thank you for all your thoughts and prayers. As many of you know, on August 16, 2005 I was scuba diving and while I was on the surface of the water the wake pushed me behind the boat and the propeller hit both of my legs. I was then sent to Miami where I underwent three surgeries and I lost both of my legs from the calf down. I spent about two weeks in the hospital and returned home to undergo rehabilitation. So far my rehabilitation has been tough but I have been given every opportunity possible.
This year, I am a senior at the McCallie School in Chattanooga, Tennessee. I have been a member of the golf and bowling teams for the past several seasons. One of my goals in rehabilitation was to rejoin my teammates for my senior year. I am happy to report that we just finished a successful golf season at McCallie and the bowling season is just underway. It’s great to be back playing golf and know that If it were not for your love and support, I would certainly not be doing as well as I am.
When I was in the hospital, I was really touched by the kids who would never be able to achieve their dreams because they did not have money to continue their recovery and rehabilitation. Larry was one boy who had been severely burned and was recovering in the Trauma Rehabilitation Unit. He had almost no resources with which to continue his rehabilitation after discharge. To make matters worse, Larry was placed on a waiting list to go to a foster home as his parents had abandoned him. I felt great sadness about his many losses and grateful for all the loving support I have received during my recovery.With that in mind, I have set up the Jordan Thomas Foundation to raise money for children with traumatic injuries who are not as fortunate as I. With my foundation, I hope to raise at least five hundred thousand dollars to help these kids. I would like for you to help us reach that goal!
Gratefully, Jordan Thomas

No comments: